Saturday 31 October 2009

Even with the balmy, mild temperatures at the moment (16 degrees C this morning on the car!), autumn is definitely here and everywhere looks stunning. From my flat window I can see all shades of yellows, oranges and greens as the trees across the neighbourhood and beyond to Blaise estate get ready for the winter. Had a nice flock of tits passing through this morning - bluetits, great tits and long-tailed tits all busily gleaning the leaves and checking the window sills and brick mortar for any tasty morsel. I've seen them doing it a lot this week. The view out to Wales isn't too bad too - it feels very calm outside despite knowing wind and rain is on its way. After a hectic week working and playing hard, I've got a nice day to myself. I need to get some bits ready for scuba dive training and colour ringing robins for the BBC on Monday but the rest of the time is mine! Bliss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment