Monday 31 January 2011

Packing for my next wildlife tour

I had a lovely morning doing a Bristol dinosaur workshop at a private school today - normally I'm in Bristol City Council schools so it was very interesting working with year 3s from this school. Incredibly bright and I was able to ask more challenging questions than I normally would. It was a cold morning, minus 2 degrees Celsius and on my way back to work I checked on the berry bushes in Henleaze for any waxwings - sadly none were there!

While topping up my bird feeder this morning some redwings were calling in the nearby trees - hopefully they nipped down to peck on the apples I'd just put out (before the jackdaws flew away with them!!!). Sadly the sunshine which graced Bristol over the weekend was not to be today. Yesterday I had a glorious afternoon at Bristol Zoo with Andy - all the animals seemed bright and energised (or may be that was just me!).

This evening I've been packing ready for some tour leading with Naturetrek on the Somerset Levels and then nipped off to the Bristol Ornithological Club's committee meeting. I'm looking forward to the nature tour beginning tomorrow evening in Wells - especially as the great white egrets and starlings have been showing so well. I'd better not speak too soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment