Sunday 29 November 2009

Wow - what a week! Wednesday evening I was a guest at the Bath RSPB group's 40th birthday. Around 700 people turned up to listen to Chris Packham and Peter Holden. Was a brilliant evening and had the chance to mingle and chat with everyone including most of my old colleagues from the RSPB's south west office. Chris was on top form and did a great presentation of some of his, and his daughter's photos. Thursday evening I was talking myself at the Somerset Ornithological Society's meeting about peregrines and Friday went to meet my mum in Bath and had dinner in Jamie's Italian - very nice too!! Been a mixture of relaxing and working over the weekend - yesterday I was testing some sound recording equipment at Bristol Zoo Gardens with friend Nadege for BBC Wildlife magazine. Great place for animal sounds and the black-faced lovebirds and red-ruffed lemurs didn't disappoint! Today has been a mixture of birding and relaxing with Mike Dilger on the Severn Estuary with highlights including kingfisher, jack snipe, snipe and wigeon!! All just ten minutes from my home - perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment